Monday, December 27, 2010

A lady who I met at my church passed away last night (or this morning, I'm not sure), and I just feel led to write something about her. Not because I want her to be remembered-people like her are not quickly forgotten-but because I like the idea of her looking down from Heaven (as if!) and knowing that I enjoyed our conversations, few as they were.
Her name was Betty, and there is no other word I can think of with which to describe her than spunky. She was uber spunky, and a fighter-I could tell. She came to church every (I do mean every) Sunday, but always left early because she had to be home to take care of her husband. She told me once that she had been in the Navy. I think she was a nurse. She tried to convince me that Navy is better than Army. Particularly the food. She also told me that she and her husband used to raise horses at a farm that I pass on my way home nearly every day. How cool is that? I love that place! There's like five PERFECT fields. sigh. Perfect, I say: grassy, and beautiful.
There you are. That's about all I know about her, but I'm glad I talked to her, and I'm happy that she's with Christ now, as sad as it is to feel her death.

Come, Lord Jesus, come.

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment