Monday, December 6, 2010

Jesus is so open. He receives us, He accepts us, He loves us. All the time He spent here on earth, He spent loving others. He never said "I'm too busy", or "I'll talk to you tomorrow", or "I need my space". He welcomed all the lowlies all the time, and He still does.

That alone makes me want to say thank you in like every language ever used.

It's a huge honor and relief to be able to talk to Him. And it's so cool to know that radically different people, with enormously different lives talk to Him all the time too. I can't even imagine all the citizens of Heaven, with all their diversity. I see loads of diversity in my everyday life and sometimes I think I live in the most un-diverse place on the planet. It's awesome knowing that one day I'll have more time than I can imagine spent getting to know millions of ridiculously different people with ridiculously different stories. To Jesus, it doesn't matter what we were, or where we came from, it matters that we come, and that we abide in Him. No matter what our sins are, no matter how far gone The Man considers us to be, so long as we repent, our past wickednesses are nothing. We get covered by a huge grace, as with a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment