Monday, November 8, 2010

Yesterday, Brianna and I were in a church class dealio and we were talking about the sovereignty of God or something, and how He has the ability to take anyone of us or any of our relatives at any moment. The "teacher" quickly mentioned various semi-common ways to die like cancer, heart failure, or an anuerysm in ones' brain. When he said that last one I heard Brianna (next to me) suck in her breath. I looked at her, and then remembered. That's how Ms. Sample died. I immediately felt mellow, and sort of stirred up. It was just like wow. How quickly one unexpected reminder got my heart back to feeling sad, and confused.
Later yesterday I had prayer time with a girl named Anna and she mentioned almost crying during the morning class. Her beloved aunt passed away a while back from cancer-another of the diseases/inflictions that had been mentioned. We found out that we've both suffered the same sorts of grief. It was nice to speak to someone who knows exactly what it's like, and who felt the same way I did that morning.
How crazy is it that grief can bring us together in ways that life never has?




Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment