Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pilgrims. When you hear that word what do you think? I'm going to guess that most people think of the Pilgrims and associate Thanksgiving, Indians, and a looooooong time ago. That's what I thought of until today.
I got a magazine today (I get this magazine monthly--Voice of the Martyrs--and it's absolutely fantastic) and the editors note was on Pilgrims. I laughed to myself and thought, "Why not, might as well read it." He explained that he can identify people in his life as being "pilgrims." These people came into his life and walked with him and his family through tough times and average times. These people journeyed through the highs and lows of his life. They helped him, comforted him, and prayed for him during these times.
Today, while reading this, I just realized how incredibly true this is. How beautiful this is.
I sat and thought of the people in my life who stand out, who journeyed with me through times of hardship and of joy. Some of these people have come and gone, brought into my life by the hand of God, at just the right moment to help me through one or two patches in my life. Other people are still here, helping me make sense of this thing called life. Yet others, specifically one, have passed from this Earth to a life beyond this.
I am overwhelmed with the love I have been shown through my life. It is beautiful. The Lord has been good. He has shown me His love, through His people. Through community. He has brought the perfect people into my life at just the right moments to help me not mess up to much; to make heads and tails of things.
My dearest, Lord Jesus--Son of the Father, thank you.


Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment