Tuesday, November 2, 2010

If you drove past my house today (highly unlikely) you would have seen me on my bicycle. In sweatpants (yes, the closed-ankle kind) and TOMS, rocking this oddly shaped-helmet that I got from Goodwill.
I've taken up cycling, and once you get past the realization that you're not only propeling yourself over several miles for no real reason, but also a 50-100 pound bicycle, it's not bad. I do really enjoy it actually. I just have to keep myself from comparing it to running, because then I'll start hating it.
There's a restaurant about seven miles from where I live (Hayestack Cafe-go try it, you'll be glad you did) and I applied for a job there last week. They said if I got the job I'd most likely be washing dishes. ha. Anyway, that's why I've started cycling. I'm building up my endurance so IF I get the job I can cycle myself there instead of using my mom's car and a bunch of fuel. It will be most eco-friendly if it works out. And even if they don't hire me, I'm gonna ride there sometime and eat. So really it's a win, win.





Lydia

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome. Glad life is working out for you, seems! :)

    ReplyDelete