Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hate the sin, hate not the sinner.

Many times today, I think, people tend to hate a sin and then turn around and subconsciously hate the person who committed the sin. I have been guilty of this, so I know others are guilty as well.

It's so east to be judgemental, to see a person sinning and think, "Oh they're not fit to be saved; they're not worth to be saced and be my brother or sister in Christ." How dangerous, and how false a statement! These people need Christ just as much as I do, just as much as you do. For us as believers to fall prey to this idea that because one person has ugly sin that they are not worthy of the Gospel, or a Savior. That is false and could not be further from the truth.

I am a sinner. I have sinned just like the rest of the world. For me to sit by and watch as the community of the Church (who should be the most loving, kind, accepting people) judge the rest of the world the way they tend to do is unacceptable. Not to mention that we are no better as people because we're saved, as someone who isn't saved.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

If that doesn't put things into perspective; if it doesn't convict you, then I pray at some point it would.

Hate the sin, LOVE the sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment