Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Seeing how I got done with school early today, and I don't have to work for another hour or so, I thought I would take some time to quickly describe our links (the pink words down to the right).

Cliffsnotes: Hopefully every one knows what this one is, because it is so great. So great.

Emmanuel Jal Merch: This is the new-ish website that the rapper and former child soldier Emmanuel Jal has built for the selling of T-shirts and jewelry to benefit the school he is building somewhere in Southern Sudan.

Kylie's Flickr: This is a link to a friend's flickr. She's a photographer, and yeah, she has a gift. Brianna and I both love her and her work.

Samaritan's Purse: This one takes you to the website of that awesome ministry that is always where the disaster is. They provide relief aid for people everywhere.

TOMS shoes: I hope you all know what this one is too...it's the website where you can buy TOMS shoes for yourself and for some random shoeless child!

I can't resist putting this quote up. I like it very much:
"Rather than giving us the details of depraved acts, good art can reveal the depraved heart through well written stories, enlightening us to the evil we may find within ourselves. We learn nothing by being made aware of the details of sexual acts or rape. We do learn by the ruinous effects of pride, bitterness, anger, and yes, even lusts, that can be shown without the lurid details."
-Wayne Wilson

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment