Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Smell Like a Man, Man.

Ok so smells are a really important part of our human lives here. None of us (under the age of 75) can walk through a breeze that reaks of pig poo and not smell it. Smelling things isn't an option, it's something we just do. When someone walks past, we smell them. Sounds weird, I know, but we all do it.
My grandma works at a bar (she's a cook, alright) and said that one time after she got off work she walked past two ladies and one said, "I smell food". That lady smelled my potato-frying grandma as she walked past, simple as that. This post is about a particular aspect of smell though, not just smells in general.
This post is about deodorant, hygiene, cologne, whatever you want to call it. And not just any deodorant, hygiene, or cologne; we're talking man-hygiene (deodorant, cologne).
Brianna provided a great euphemism yesterday when she said, "I like a nice smelling man". I replied with a, "Most women do". I'd say both are totally true.
It's important that a man smell good. Very important. That is a completely objective truth. Now, though, I am going to be so bold as to interject my own humble opinion...an Old Spice man is a better man than an Axe man. I'm not saying that every dude who wears Old Spice is a better guy than all the dudes who wear Axe (just like there are stuck up jocks who use Axe, so are there strange old men who use Old Spice), I'm just saying that if it came down to random Axe man vs. random Old Spice man, my money would be on the random Old Spice man. Axe men...just aren't as manly, and usually they are drowning in their own smell. There is a happy medium between smelling au naturel and using two cans of Axe every morning. It's called Old Spice. Just kidding. Really, though, ladies like a man who smells like a man, Men.



Now, for me (Brianna) scents are pretty darn important. Lydia quoted me before, "I like a nice smelling man." A very true statement.

As for the question of Old Spice vs. Axe, I'm right there in the middle. Honestly, I like both. I guess you could say I prefer Old Spice, but then again I do like one of the Axe scents quite a bit.

In my opinion, as long as you, as a man, don't stink I'm happy. On the other hand, if you go through so much of this spray that there is a literal cloud of smell following you all day long, that is what I call excess. If this is how you roll, I will not jump in your ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment