Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hhhmmm, so I've reached a rough patch in life. Patch might imply to long of a time period because I really don't think these will all last very long, but sigh...it's lasted long enough already if you ask me. Anyway, I'm just going to put the not-so-happy things in my life into a list for now, because I don't want to sound like a winer by detailing them to much. Here they are:
1) My feet hurt.
2) Because of #1, I cannot do my favorite thing. Which is to run.
3) My parents and I are not really able to communicate in the least.
4) I don't have a job because no one in Little Rock cares to hire me. Trust me, I have tried.
5) Because of #4 I have not gotten my license, and therefore can drive myself nowhere, which complicates my life, and depressingly, the lives of my friends.
6) Friends. People. Me. Enough said.
I'm trying to take all this as a compliment from God, like, by making life harder for me He's showing me my great potential to grow, but it's still hard. And I would still love to be farther along in life right now, however great it is being young.

"Afraid? Of What?
To feel the Spirit's glad release?
To pass from pain to perfect peace,
The strife and strain of life to cease?
Afraid-of that?
Afraid to see the Saviour's face
To hear His welcome, and to trace
The glory gleam from wounds of grace?
Afraid-of that?
Afraid? Of What?
A flash, a crash, a pierced heart;
Darkness, light, O Heaven's art!
A wound of His a counterpart!
Afraid-of that?
Afraid? Of What?
To do by death what life could not-
Baptize with blood a stony plot,
Till souls shall blossom from the spot?
Afraid-of that?"
-E.H. Hamilton (I am aware that this poem has little to no relevance to this post, I just like it).

Lydia

1 comment:

  1. On FB you mentioned not feeling like "yourself". Perhaps God's sifting you right now is changing you so that you're moving on to a "new you". (Sanctification, a new creature in Christ)

    ReplyDelete