Monday, May 10, 2010

This is probably going to be the cheesiest and most pointless blog post of all time. But oh well. I have to relate to someone today's moment of awesome.
So I run a lot. Like, it's my favorite thing to do. I'm on the track team but really that isn't so great because it makes me have to set goals and run shorter distances when my real desire is to run for as long as I want at the pace I want. Running and I are in love and track...track has been getting in the way of that love. So has life, but we won't go into that. Anyway, I was running a couple of miles today and I was about 60-70 meters away from this gate (that I have to punch a code into every time I pass through) when our neighbour drove up and through the gate. I saw the gate start to close, I realized that I would have to wait for a couple of seconds if it closed before I got there, I gritted my teeth (emphasis added), and started sprinting so that I could get through the gate before it closed. My music heightened along with my pulse and I kept pushing, faster and faster. I made it through the gate with seconds to spare and continued at my previous pace. I felt pretty epic, hardcore, and generally amazing. Really, I didn't accomplish anything at all. It wasn't even a long enough sprint to add anything to my work out, but it was my moment of awesome for the day. And it was grand.

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment