Friday, May 28, 2010

I love night. I love the sounds that come with the night. I love seeing the moon and stars. I like the dark. It's so still and beautiful. I see God's hand in the night just as much as in the day, and to be honest, I love it almost more than the beauty of the day.

Summer is my opportunity to really indulge in this "love affair." I like...no, I love being up late into the night. Doing...well, nothing. I love looking out my bedroom window and into the world that is literally outside my window. I think my favorite part of summer is my reading time. I read like a crazy person during the summer. Reading is my drug. Ask pretty much anyone. Having a good book to read during the summer nights translates into late nights for me.

Lately, I've been enjoying being artsy...which is weird because it doesn't come naturally to me, but lately it has in a special way. I've been painting some. I love it. It is because of the inspiration of two people in my life, and to them I am so thankful. It's transforming my outlook on life.

I've been reading my Bible at night. I don't read it in the morning very often because I just don't think I absorb it very well. I've been reading through Philippians. I've been reading a chunck at a time. Let me tell you, if you never have read through the book of Philippians, do it. Start before you can talk yourself out of it. It's changing me, the way I view life. The way I view death. God. It's beautiful.

I love the beauty of the night.



Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment