Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I've been applying for a part time job to start this summer. Let me be the first to tell you...it's tough. When you've never had a job before, and you start filling out applications it is hard to leave a big blank section on your application. Or at least it's that way for me.

Not to mention NOT getting the job you applied for. Now that, that is really hard. Today I went to speak to a hiring manager at this place I applied. I had dropped my application off less than a week ago and was told I needed to come and speak with the hiring manager, and this morning I did exactly that. I spoke with the hiring manager only to find out that because of me wanting Sunday off, she was unable to hire me. [She also mentioned she thought the hours I had put down were funny (this was odd to me considering the times I put down were for about the same time each day).] But, because of me wanting Sunday off. I was just a little taken aback. Okay, I was quite taken aback. As well as discouraged. I mean, if this place won't hire me because of this, then are there other places out there that will not hire me for the same reason? Is me not wanting to work on Sunday that big of a deal? I didn't think it was.

This is a frustrating process. I am thankful that I am not the one in control of it all. I know that wherever I get a job is the place God wants me. That gives me peace. Even with that knowledge, I have to admit...I'm still frustrated.

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment