Friday, January 7, 2011

In the morning I am leaving for a missions trip to Jamaica. Here's how I feel, and why:

I'm excited! Exactly how much of our time do we get to spend in other countries, meeting nice little deaf kids, and doing hardcore (ok, maybe not hardcore) physical labour in an attempt to raise their living standards?

I'm hopeful. I look forward to seeing more of God this week than usual. Change does that to me.

I'm worried and nervous. This is a hard one. You see, I am pretty much a feminist. About as feminist as a person can get. And often times in settings like the one where we're going...people don't share my views, and often hold opposing ones. I'm determined to remain calm no matter what and resist entertaining the idea of kicking people. It's good to be nervous and worried sometimes, though. It reminds me Who is in charge.

Most of all, I am thankful. Thankful to get away for a while. I haven't been feeling good emotionally or physically lately, and even if it doesn't get better while I'm gone, at least I'll know that traveling doesn't help :P

Au Revoir, Etats-Unis.

No comments:

Post a Comment