Saturday, January 22, 2011

I have this weird thing in my mind where memories get connected to songs, and I'll remember random stuff when I hear the song. It's actually pretty cool. Helps my crappy memory. I thought I'd share a couple here:

You Take My Troubles Away (Rachel Yamagata and Dan Wilson): Airplane lift off and that weird feeling like you're being cradled by the sky when airbourne.

Food Chain (Eric Hutchinson): Outdoor church potlucks.

All I Want Is You (Barry Louis Polisar): My dad doing his weird yodelling thing.

Dead and Gone (T.I. and Justin Timberlake): Used car shopping.

Wavin' Flag (K'naan): Jamaica 2011 (all thanks to Robert).

That's Some Dream (Good Old War): Riding my bicycle!

...and so on. It's pretty bizarre, the way songs and memories mesh in my brain. But it's fun to be reminded of random events on occasion :D

1 comment:

  1. That, my dear, is word association. :) I have it too! It's very cool, unless you're listening to a really awesome song, but have an embarrassing memory with it...

    ReplyDelete