Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"We are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking." from "How He Loves" by the David Crowder Band

This song is beautiful. It has become one of my absolute favorite songs. I won't ever forget the first time I heard it. I was brought to tears by the words of the song, and by the situation that had come about days before. This song has given me hope and peace. It has reminded me of the love of my Father.

I could write about each line in the song. It's so beautifully written. This line stands out boldly to me: "If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking." The Lord bestows upon us a never-ending grace. A grace so deep, so wide, so full that it sweeps us away. He drowns us in His grace and His love.

I can't think of all the times I've screwed up. All the times I've failed to do what is right. All the times I've messed up and not been proud of myself. I am unable to imagine all the heartache my parents have felt when I continually mess up in life, even when it's just the "little things." If I'm unable to understand that, then the heaviness of the heart of God when I mess up is unfathomable. But yet, He pours out His grace that is like the ocean and forgives me, wipes me clean. He drowns me in His grace, and loves me like no other.


Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment