Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have been stolen from for the first time, I discovered today. It's a crazy thing. To one minute own something and the next not. Wow.
I am having a garage sale and I've been accepting donations from the wonderful people in my life for it. I've gotten some splendid rummage and have been storing it in a garage about a mile from my house. My parents also keep some belongings down there. Expensive belongings. All they took from me (that I know of) was two air filters donated by the Monroes. They probably would have gone for 3 or 5 dollars at the sale, so it's not like I'm going to make a whole lot less now, it's just the fact that these people took them. Thanks, Monroes, for the filters, but apparently God didn't want them at the sale. I know I'll get to Jamaica anyway.
When I first heard about it I was peeved. I was peeved at the people who did the thieving. It's just lame that they would take those two things, and mess around with the other stuff. But I took a deep breath and thought, "These are people. Just like me. They are corrupt like I am. They just haven't met Jesus yet." I am so thankful to God for allowing the Holy Spirit to come in, calm me down, and give me the strength to love these people who took from my parents, and I. All before I've even met them (nevermind that I probably never will).
I am thankful to You, O God, for giving me stuff in the first place. It is really your stuff, and I really don't care what happens to it. Bless the people that took from me. And take the rest, Lord. Take it all and leave me like Job, destitute-without belongings, strong in your love.

lydia

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Lydia. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, that is a great way to look at it. We can get wrapped up in our "stuff" and lose perspective. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete