Friday, August 6, 2010

Alright, that's it, I am not spending the rest of my life indoors.
I've got this office job, right. And I didn't expect to like it. I knew it would be a stretch, but after 3 days I did not expect to feel like a girl in a cage. I never wanna spend more than four hours inside a building again, ever. Especially not a building with flourescent lights. My last three days (and when I say days I mean a 5 hour day, a 7 and a 1/2 hour day, and a 9 hour day) can be summed up exactly the way Emily predicted this job would be...."death by flourescent lights". Yep, that's it. That being said, I am learning a lot. And I am observing a whole new area of contemporary life. Office life that is: the running of a franchise. Employment, also. As well as a bunch of other stuff I am happy to know, but just wish it didn't take so long to learn. Truly, I think, this information will be more beneficial to me than what I would have learned had I got a job at a restaurant or a retail store would've been, because I am also learning the workings of a fast-food restaurant, from the management side. Still, it's not fun, and my free spirit is very very unhappy right now. I think I might camp out tonight...think that'll help?

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment