Saturday, April 23, 2011

I am getting a little desperate for poems, here, so this poem fitting in the category "love" may be a bit of a stretch. But really, I think that a huge part of love is being able to feel what those around you feel, and to put yourself in their shoes for the sole purpose of knowing more what they need, and what they need from you. I think that once you know how to tap into a someone's personal make up in that way, you have the capability to love and bless them much much more. When it becomes natural for you to laugh when they laugh, and cry when they cry, you know love. I promise to try and find a more blantant love poem before the month is up. I do like this one though :)

Africa's Pain is my Pain
By Ayanle Isak

Africa dear Africa
Your children are lonely and depressed
Africa dear Africa
Your children are at war with each other
Africa dear Africa
Your children are starving
Africa dear Africa
Your essence are is pure but you are suffering
Africa dear Africa
Your pain is my pain
So I sit here crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment