Friday, April 1, 2011

Apriltry

Brianna and I are starting a 30 day poetry challenge today. It's most exciting. For the next month, we will be posting one poem a day. We have ten "topics" that we will each post one of, and then we'll post five random, perhaps original, poems. Here are the topics in no particular order:

Silly
Paradise
Love
Song
Faith
Nature
Peace
Hope
Tells a story
Joy

Everyone and their mother has been doing some kind of 3o day challenge lately, so we thought we'd invent our own.
I get the honours of posting the first poem of the month! It falls in the "nature" category.

Song to A Tree

Give me the dance of your boughs, O Tree,
Whenever the wild wind blows;
And when the wind is gone, give me
Your beautiful repose.

How easily your greatness swings
To meet the changing hours;
I, too, would mount upon your wings,
And rest upon your powers.

I seek your grace, O mighty Tree,
And shall seek many a day,
Till I more worthily shall be
Your comrade on the way.

By Edwin Markham



What a hippy I must seem...
Brianna will be posting a poem she's discovered tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment