Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sway Hearts.That, my friends, is a Sway Heart. Sway Hearts is a company founded by Katie, a sweet girl who is changing the world one necklace at a time. What she does is make each heart by hand and ship them wherever the order came from. They cost eight dollars a piece (less than one would pay for a necklace from Forever 21 or Claire's) and are just awesome. I'm not sure what percentage goes to this, but I know that Katie isn't making a huge profit, so most of this eight dollars goes to Touching Hearts, and their treatment of congenital heart failure in Nepal. The one featured above isn't mine but I ordered three so be expecting pictures soon.

I emailed Katie after finding out about her company through facebook. The funny thing is that I watched the video on her website ( http://www.swayhearts.com/ ) and was like oh, what a cool girl. I just assumed that she lived on the other side of the country because, I mean, doesn't everyone? Anyway, I was all impressed by her and stuff and then I talked to my friend Emily and we realized that I had actually met her before! She's a good friend of my good friend. What a small world.

Katie was inspired to start this company/ministry by a dream she had. She allowed this dream to carry her through to where she is today. She wants you all to know that inspiration can come from anywhere. Some people get it from experiences and memories while others get it through nature. It literally is everywhere! Her point is...if you have a talent, don't waste it because you can be the one to help change the world.

Visit swayhearts.com and see what the deal is!

No comments:

Post a Comment