Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just one quick question (for I too have been sucked into my society and am dreadfully busy): What is it that fills you over?
I think that we all have things that we name off when someone asks us what we do, or who we are, or what satisfies us. Things like our family, our job, our hobbies, our beliefs. Those are the things with which we fill our time, towards which we exert our energy, and without which we freak out. I have discovered, though, and keep rediscovering an over-filled point. I feel like liquid in a cup, and all these things take me to the rim (usually), but then I run into a song, or a picture, or an idea, that adds just one ounce more, and then my soul starts running over the edges. Do you know what I am talking about? Have you known this emotional implosion?
I hope so, because though it causes my heart to literally ache, and I cannot help but hang my head in an overwhelmed fashion when I experience it, I love this emotional expanse, and I even seek it. It is hard to explain. It is so excruciating and wonderful at the same time, that I want all to know it, and I want everyone to have beliefs to look to that are as awe-inspiring as those to which I turn. Because sometimes, it is impossible to handle one such magnificient beauty as a dirty child in the arms of someone who loves them, a blind youth harbouring hope for sight, or the tranquility of nature without searching for someone or something greater that will take care to catch the drippings from beneath your metaphorical cup.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the things that cause my cup to run over are: sunrise in the winter, walking the Kingfisher trail at Pinnacle as the sunlight is filtered through the trees, having all my children at home, confession of sins at church on Sundays, being used by God to meet someones need, plus 10,000 others that I am too busy to write;)

    great post, beautifully written, really got me to thinking!

    ReplyDelete