Sunday, January 31, 2010

What is a life without some kind of passion? Without passion there is no love. Without love there is no friendliness. Without friendliness or friends where would we be? We would be alone. I can't even begin to fathom that. Now don't get my wrong, I like some quality alone time - without it things would be bad! - but I could never handle being completely alone.

Back to the passion part though. What is passion in the sense of emotion? Webster's dictionary says this: a: the emotions distinguished from reason b: intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction c: an ardent outbreak of anger. To me, passion is whatever moves a person to do what they love. This kind of passion is a motivator. Imagine the world void of all passionate people...pretty boring world, huh? Whatever your passion is (maybe music, writing, cooking, etc.) pursue it; because without that passion in the world to motivate someone else, bit by bit the world would become incredibly boring as a result of the passion that doesn't exist.

My passion was given to me by the One who created me. The One who breathed life into my lungs. It is the very least that I do whatever he has so given me to do. I will follow my passion wherever it may take me - as long as my Creator be glorified in what I do - and it may take me many a place. May I do whatever the Spirit leads me to do with the passion He has given to me.

"Love God with all your heart and then do what you want." St. Augustine

I love that quote. Because of the love I have for my Lord, my Savior, all I should be driven to do is glorifies Him.

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment